“The moment someone moves me,
I capture in clay”
Maria van der Laar, sculptor.
The Dutch sculptor, Maria van der Laar makes portraits, figures and monumental sculptures. Preferably she molds in clay, but sometimes in wax. Or she makes a free work in another material (metal, iron wire or wood).
Her brushwork is described as expressive and similarity striking. Her sculptures are powerful and sensitive at the same time.
When and where to admire?
- Loods 6 Amsterdam, The Dutch Portret price, weekend van de Muze: 18-19-20 sept. 2020
- Skulpturengarten Gerolstein, Germany: may – oct. 2020
- Beelden in Beeld, Gallery K26: 20 aug. – 6 sept. 2020
- Artroute Kunstbakens, Land van Maas en Waal: 3 – 11 oct.
- Museum Tweestromenland, Metamorphose: oct. – dec. 2020
- Graduation Show, DKO Kunstacademie Beeldhouwkunde, Arendonk: 15 – 16 – 17 – 19 -20 jan 2021